We are hoping this season of global pandemic will soon be over and some normalcy will return to our lives. We understand that the “return to normal” will be a slow, careful process. We recognize that everyone is looking forward to a time of being in church without any special protocols in which to adhere. However, by using reasonable protocols based on practices that take into consideration our members and visitors’ health, we also want to take particular care of the most vulnerable among us. Those with current health issues with weakened immune systems must be our priority- which includes many senior adults and all of our children.
Please take a few minutes and carefully read through this re-entry plan for the reunion of our Levels Baptist Church Family.
- OUR RE-ENTRY WILL BE IN PHASES.
. We anticipate a gradual return to normal over a period of weeks.
. Meetings will be in the gym at least for the first few weeks so that there will be extra room to spread out.
. Nursery and Children Church will not be available during the initial phase of re-entry.
. Sunday School, Sunday Evening and Mid-Week Prayer Services will not be available in the initial phase.
- WE WILL BE ABIDING BY SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES.
. Our seating capacity will be restricted as we adhere to reasonable social distancing for an undetermined period of time.
- WE WILL BE MAINTAINING EXTRA LEVELS OF CLEANING IN OUR FACILITY.
. All facilities have been and will continue to be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized prior to entry.
. All chemicals and disinfectants will be used as directed to allow for proper dry times for maximum effectiveness.
. All things that are non-essential will be removed from utilized spaces to limit surfaces of potential contamination.
- WE UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE THOSE WHO MAY DELAY THEIR RETURN DUE TO HEALTH CONCERNS AND BEING IN CROWDS.
. Due to the vulnerable nature of some of our congregants’ health or concern for smaller children, some will avoid social contact for a while longer.
- FAMILIES WORSHIP TOGETHER
. Families are asked to sit together consistent with social distancing guidelines.
. Out of abundance of caution for the health of workers and children, there will be no children church or nursery provided.
. While that might make worship challenging for some, it is a small matter compared to the health of our children and workers.
- WE WILL EMPHASIZE TOUCH-LESS GREETING FOR OUR WELCOME TEAM AND IN THE WORSHIP SERVICE.
. We will not be distributing bulletins until further notice as an additional safeguard.
. Greet with a smile, words of kindness and the now infamous air hug.
. We will shake hands and hug again at some point – we must be patient.
- WE WILL MARK OFF SEATING SO THAT WE ARE ABLE TO MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING
. Please follow the direction and instructions of our ushers as you are led to your seat.
. It will not be possible to sit in one’s normal seats as we re-enter the gym for worship at this time with health protocols.
. Please understand that our ushers have a very difficult responsibility during this time but have agreed to take on the challenge of this task.
. Ushers will seat all those attending services by design to benefit all those attending.
- USHERS WILL SEAT ALL ATTENDEES ACCORDINGLY AS THEY ARRIVE TO THE GYM.
. All attendees arriving will enter through the front main doors of the gym and will be seated beginning at the front and working backward.
- USHERS WILL DISMISS ATTENDEES ROW BY ROW AT THE END OF THE SERVICE IN ORDER THAT WE MAY LEAVE IN AN ORDERLY AND PROMPT FASHION.
. Exit will be through the door located by the kitchen and out of the Ladd Building.
- DOORS WILL BE PROPPED OPEN OR HELD OPEN BY GREETERS TO MINIMIZE SURFACE CONTACT ON ENTRANCE AND EXIT.
- RESTROOMS WILL BE CHECKED AND SANITTZED AS NECESSARY EVERY 20 MINUTIES THROUGHOUT SERVICE TIMES.
. To enter restrooms from gym, go through the door by the kitchen and go around the back of the stage to the restrooms.
. To exit the restrooms – enter the gym through the door nearest the restrooms
- HAND SANITIZING STATIONS TO BE PLACED AT THE MAIN ENTRANCE.
. Masks will be available for those who desire to use one but did not bring one from home.
- GIVING STATIONS WILL BE LOCATED AT THE MAIN ENTRANCE OF THE GYM INSTEAD OF PASSING OFFERING PLATE AS USUAL.
. Other giving options include: drop off at office during weekdays, mailing to office or online at: www.levelsbaptistchurch.org
- THERE WILL BE NO CHOIR UNTIL SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES ARE RELAXED.
- PROTOCOLS FOR RE-ENTRY TO SANCTUARY WILL BE REPLICATED AS EACH BUILDING IS RE-OPENED FOR MINISTRY IN PHASES.
- PLEASE– IF YOU ARE RUNNING A FEVER, FEELING ILL OR UNDER THE WEATHER – STAY HOME AND WORSHIP WITH US ON FACEBOOK
- SUNDAY NIGHT SERVICE AND MID-WEEK PRAYER WILL STILL BE ON FACEBOOK AND OUR WEBSITE